Friday, February 7, 2014

bh Malibu (special edition) palette review

Hi awesome blogger!


It's been forever since I write about beauty topics, so today I'm gonna review about my new arrival palette from bhcosmetics, bh Malibu - California makeup palette collection.

pardon me for the messy background ;)
So that's pretty much the cover and the box palette. For me it comes with a handy package, since it's not so big nor so small, so when you grip it, its just perfect and considering the package theme it is such a cutie!

So this is the look when you open it

In my honest opinion, it is a medium pigmented color, I think you need shadow base before applying the shadows to make the colors even more pop out, and it is a little bit chalky for some shades.

I don't use any base
so here is the swatches

the zoom in color
I know it might look the color doesn't pop out, but the lime color, dark blue one and the bronze colors really shows up since first apply, and for the really-light shades you might use it for highlights.


another zoom in

Moving on to the other side of this eye shadow palette


This section more like the shimmer side, and pardon me I haven't made any swatch for this section since I'm too lazy to do it :$.


And here is when you open the middle cover, and you'll find a blusher, bronzer (with shimmer on it), highlighter, and setting powder I guess, plus a mirror.

here's the zoom in 

For personal reason I just never use blusher/bronzer/highlighter/powder that comes in a palette, nothing specific but its just I already have my full size blushers and even powder that suit my skin tone. For bronzer, I don't think bronzer should come with shimmer, because bronzer creates the illusion to hide particular area we'd like to cover, yet shimmer will attract the look, so its just not working for my personal reason. The highlighter in a palette use to come with a really white pearl shimmer, which I find it quite too much. But if you often use the set of those which come in a palette, you just go do it!, I don't think its wrong, but it is more like my personal reason not to use it :D and if it suits your skin tone and you're looking perfect with it, then just continue to do so!

Alright that's all awesome bloggers, excuse me for not showing the swatches of the other shadows part XD lol, and yeah stay gorgeous, stay beautiful!

Love, Shan-

No comments:

Post a Comment