Sunday, February 9, 2014

Keep Your Make Up Brushes Clean

Hello there! embrace yourself for another beauty post ;)

My MAC, Real Techniques, and Shouko brushes

So today I just wanna share with you guys how I clean my brushes in a two ways, so lets start with a simple one ;)


Quick cleaning
So what you need is:
* face cotton/ facial tissue
* baby oil/ make up remover

So my personal trick is, since I wear make up daily (due to my job, and my obsession of make up) and if I have no time to have a long cleaning-time for my brushes I just do this simple steps;

* First I'm gonna take my face cotton or my facial tissue
* Then I just pour a little make up remover or baby oil onto it
* and I'll just clean my dirty brushes on it with circular motion until my brushes clean
* voila! it doesn't take you hours ;)


Big cleaning
So what you need is:
* soap bar / dish detergent / shampoo
* olive oil/ almond oil/ virgin coconut oil/ coconut oil/ conditioner
* pan


So here's my steps:
* First I pour my dish detergent into a small pan
* then I just pour a spoon of coconut oil (since in my country we use coconut oil more than anything) into the same pan
* I just dip my brush into the liquid (dish detergent and coconut oil) then swirl it onto the palm of my hand
* rinse it a bit, and dip my brush again and then continue swirl my brush until it is clean
* and voila! my brush is gorgeous, clean and soft

Basically the dish detergent means for killing the bacteria that stays in your brush and for being the disinfectant :) and you may also exchange the dish detergent with the soap bar. Olive oil/ coconut oil for my case is for bringing back the moist of our brushes so it doesn't dry and get stiff.

Once all your brushes are clean, my advise is if you can't hang your brushes upside down, you may lay your brushes BUT remember do not lay it flat but rather lay it on a diagonal based, so the water will fall down fast :). For more details I will share you the youtube tutorial from the famous youtuber I followed and that's exactly how I know the big-cleaning trick. Hope you guys enjoy ;).

xoxo
Love, Shan-

make up geek

michelle phan

No comments:

Post a Comment