Wednesday, June 29, 2016

HOLIWORK: LONDON BTS (Behind The Scene)

Coldplay - Amazing Day

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we have just landed in Heathrow International airport, welcome to London."

Grey clouds welcomed me and the entire crew on June 23rd 2016, it was a cloudy afternoon in London and rain start pouring down. I saw few people in a uniform standing before the 2L-door on our Boeing 777 giving us signs to follow their path. We -crew- took the elevator down to the parking lane and head to the bus, whereas the bus took us to the crew security area. Our luggages were sent to the security room and we were asked to open all of it. 

property of this blog

2009
I promised my high school-me back then that one day I would be in London no matter how no matter what. I was totally clueless how the heck I was going to make it happen honestly. High school was a tough years, my parents were in an unstable financial condition, my dad's businesses were all lead to the dead end, he was tricked by his partners somehow and we struggled to keep our feet on the ground, yet I still believe that I'm still gonna make it anyway. Fly to London I shall do. I just know.

2011
College life was an over-achieving moments for me, and resurrection for my parents. I had it all. We got it all as a family. We were getting better as a whole. I was an active young lady whom is passionate about social and environment issues, I was elected as the Miss Public Relations in my campus, I was in my dance squad, my GPA was above the satisfactory standard and it made me all confident. All of my college life achievements lead me to a Westminster Scholarship in London -almost-, only there was a major requirement which I didn't fulfil at the time; they needed my diploma. I haven't even graduated, yet!

2012
PricewaterhouseCoopers, I was so proud to say it out loud that I worked for pwc -in fact I still am-. Crystal clear I still remember at a plenary hall in my campus one of my teacher once said "Only an excellent kid who can make it to PWC, don't waste your time." One of the big-four -in the entire world- public accountant and consultant company hired me.

***


2016
Brentford, London, United Kingdom
June 23rd.

6 hours time difference and 15-hours flight didn't make me shut my eyes on my way from Heathrow to Brentford, my eyes wide awake my heart pounding and it was all the euphoria drive me to the excitement that I am in London. It's funny how I always picture myself that I would be so happy and go cray-cray whenever I am in London, but it was all just like "oh, that's it." The eagerness somehow has fade away yet I still am happy that I am able to see the city I was once so obsessed about.
I enjoyed my view on the way to the hotel, we passed on lots of pubs and Irish bars and those amazingly popular red bus, underground signature sign, the well known Mark & Spencer, and some restaurants that I find amusing to see which so typical of British. "So this is it." I whisper to myself.

No, not pwc -my pride company somehow- that sends me here, to London, as a matter of fact it's a flag-carrier airlines that I work for that sends me to the country that I was once so eager to visit yet somehow the eagerness not as tremendous as I once felt.

I never even think that one day I would enroll and be the part of airlines industry, never even had a desire to work for one but I couldn't imagine what kind of life I'm living if I never be the part of it. I thank God, that my job is somehow a duty and holiday at the same time, both working and sight seeing, both work and holiday, both working and shopping. Haha! I can't be grateful enough that my job takes me to the places that I have never imagined, never expected. How would one describes their absolute gratefulness to the Lord for these abundance blessings? I am forever grateful :). Cheers

property of this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment