Friday, August 2, 2019

THE LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP

This very person sees me as a sweet as cotton candy kinda woman
sometimes he told me i’m a strong lady
This very person calls me tough
and the other times he told me i’m soft
This very person knows that I'm miss independent
and yet he likes the way I needed him to be around every now and then
somehow I catch a glimpse of admiration
glimpse of adoration and infatuation coming from his crystal blue eyes.


Yet most often than not I have my eyes blurred by the tears in the middle of the night.
Curling up my body so that it could embraces its own, wishing to trick the mind into thinking that He, that person, my person is the one embracing.




You know, in long distance relationship
you gotta have a whole lot of imagination
then you strech it to an extent that it started to seem real
real enough at least for yourself
you can feel his breath when he's about to kiss,
you can hear his voice making lame jokes
and you knew by then how you'll pretend to laugh
you could see his pupil got widened when he tries to stay focus on your presence
you strech your imagination to an extent..
that nobody could relate.


it's the taste of chocolate chip ice cream with a wochesteshire sauce on top, kinda of feeling.
Exactly!
No one on their right mind would even try it
but when you just love the chocholate chip ice cream too much
you ignore the wochestershire sauce that sits on top of it, or maybe get rid of it in the first place, but in the end still holding the very same ice cream.


There is one time that I try to feed my feelings
listening to sad songs
activating my imagination
having THE perfect conversation
that wasn’t even there in the first place
or maybe having THE perfect dance
to imaginary being hoping that somehow...  touchable, reachable.



Shandy Marcy,
Jakarta

No comments:

Post a Comment